THE BLUE SUN SYSTEM [Qing Long]

firefly-logo

Named for the odd color of its sun, the Blue Sun system is furthest from the White Sun. It is surprisingly free of Alliance presence, despite the Blue Sun Corporation being headquartered here. The moon Lilac is in the Blue Sun system. It’s not on any map, but Miranda is in the Blue Sun system. Surrounding the Blue Sun is a ring of stellar dust and debris called the Uroboros.

bluesunsystem

THE BLUE SUN SYSTEM

Lilac is a moon orbiting the Blue Sun. It is near Reaver territory. From space it appears to have a “lilac” purple color, which presumably it was named for. The Serenity crew land on Lilac to rob a bank holding an Alliance payroll. Lilac is at times roughly ten hours from Beaumonde as stated by Mal.

Deadwood is the seventh planet orbiting the Blue Sun. It has two moons one of which is Haven. It is a planet mostly covered by water, featuring marshlands and jungles. It is literally orbiting on the border of Reaver territory.

Haven, a moon of Deadwood, is the home of Shepherd Book, who left the crew during the events of the comic book series titled Serenity: Those Left Behind, and where he resided in the movie. It was also a place of refuge for the Serenity crew. In the novelization of the film, it is revealed that Haven is a mining planet which is often used as a hiding place for those running from the law (for a fee) and is where some smugglers or criminals decide to settle down.

Medium_versemap-7

Miranda is the name of a planet located beyond Reaver territory. It orbits the protostar Burnham, the eighth and final planet in the Blue Sun system. However, it is not on any star charts save perhaps those classified and hidden by the Alliance. It was home to an Alliance colony with a population of 30 million. The Alliance experimented on the population to find a way to make people more controllable. However the experiments with “G-23 paxilon hydrochlorate”, or “Pax”, failed: 99.9% of the population became so passive that they essentially lost the will to live. The opposite effect was observed in the remaining 0.1% of the population, who became extremely aggressive and butchered the Alliance scientists in charge of the experiments. This portion of the population escaped and became the Reavers. The Alliance tried to cover up what had happened on the planet by creating a story that the colony was lost due to failure in the terraforming equipment. Like Ariel, Miranda shares its name both with a character from The Tempest and a moon of Uranus.

The Blue Sun system will be where our adventure with FIREFLY begins. But who knows where it will end?

Advertisements

About Fieldmechanik

WEIRD WAR, STEAMPUNK, FIREFLY, CTHULHU, COMICS, and ZOMBIES ... oh my. Fieldmechanik is just another geek who is cluttering your internets with senseless nonsense.
This entry was posted in The 'Verse and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

SEND ME A WAVE!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s